Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Head Office
Number of Openings: 1
Closure Date: Apr 3, 2020
Reporting to the Head, Remedial & Recoveries the role holder is responsible for the formulation and implementation of recovery strategies on non-performing MMSE loan book in line with the bank’s policy framework.
- Provide visible leadership to the Micro & SME recovery team
- To reduce and maintain the bank’s Micro & SME non-performing loan book within the acceptable ratios in line with the bank’s risk appetite framework.
- To continuously monitor the key recovery outcomes and adopt creative recovery strategies in line with the business needs.
- To proactively provide feedback to the business on products which need to be reviewed in order to mitigate high default risk.
- To coordinate interaction with all support teams to ensure our core objectives are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
- To undertake and follow-up clients for timely remediation of allocated portfolio by taking appropriate recovery actions in line with policy guidelines.
- To effectively communicate and negotiate with customers on their past due facilities while ensuring that subsequent actions on the facilities, if required, are not unduly delayed.
- Identification and escalation of recovery exceptions on own portfolio to reporting line that require approval or consideration of alternative recovery actions.
- Ensure adherence to all credit recovery processes in the course of working out/managing the assigned portfolio.
- Raising red flags on performance trends and forecasts of certain facilities, or industry sector and initiating pro-active strategies and recommendations of credit policy changes.
To optimize recovery costs.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA- K) or its equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in Banking 5 of which should be handling Micro & SME recoveries at management level in a financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of business entity legal structures and risk rating
- Good understanding of financial statements and ratios, credit reports, personal financial statements
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of national bank lending policy and CBK prudential guidelines
- Decision making –ability to make operational and routine decisions in a timely and effective manner and to be accountable for decision making within departmental and role allocation -Ability to mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management and team building
- Professionalism – maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation Skills
- Resilience – is able to withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum.
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected
How To Apply
All applications done online
Apply for Remedial & Recoveries Senior Manager Job here