Secretary Jobs, Latest Administration Jobs 2020, Bomet University Jobs,
Scale BUC 8
- KCSE mean grade C- and above or its equivalent with C+ passes in languages
- Higher Diploma in Secretarial duties or KNEC Certificates in the following courses:
Business English III
Office Practice II
Office Management III
Secretarial Duties II
Shorthand III (minimum 100/110/120 wpm) or equivalent
Typewriting III (50wpm) or equivalent
Personnel Management III
- Must have Working experience of minimum Six (6) years as Secretary, MUST have worked for at least three (3) years at the level of Secretary Scale 7 or its comparable position.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related area of management or Diploma or CPSII will be an added advantage.
- Be computer literate in Ms. Office and database management systems.
- Must have good Communication and Public Relations skills
- Supervision and guidance of junior staff in the office.
- Receive telephone calls and customer relations.
- Receiving and attending to clients and visitors.
- Handling correspondences.
- Ensuring security of office records, documents and equipment.
- Type from manuscripts.
- Take dictation in shorthand and transcribe.
- Operate reprographic (photocopying/ scanners/duplicating) machines.
- Take charge of documents and files and able to handle confidential information.
- Undertake routine office duties.
- Access and utilize online information.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor form time to time.
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.