Senior HR Officer Jobs, Latest HR Jobs, NLC Jobs
Position: Senior Human Resource Officer -(NLC GRADE 6)-ONE (1) POST- REF:NLC/27/3/2020
Gross Salary: Min Kshs. 90,000 – Max Kshs. 130,000
An Officer appointed to this position will be responsible for the provision of support in the administration of employee benefits, and provides support on compliance with the set labour laws, policies and procedures in the management of human resources. Additionally, the position provides user support services that enhances the delivery of human resource services.
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions;
- Implement the human resource directorate work plan to assist in the implementation of the human resource strategy that ensures the availability of a competent and motivated work force that supports efficiency in the delivery of the commission strategy
- Provide input in the development and review of the human resource management policies and procedures, to ensure the directorate has guidelines that support the delivery of quality training services to the commission, in line with best practice and the needs of the commission
- Assist in the enhancement of human resource systems at the commission through provision of information on areas of enhancement, to enhance efficiency in service delivery
- Provide advice on employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards, and Fair Practices, to support the commission compliance with the relevant legislation, and to enhance the quality of employee management services at the commission
- Implement staff performance and career progression guidelines to ensure employee career and performance management is done in line with the needs of the commission in the delivery of land management services
- Create awareness on workplace safety rules to ensure compliance with the OSHA Act, and to reduce workplace accidents and incidents that disrupt the operations of the commission in the delivery of service
- Implement all statutory requirements that include PAYE, NSSF, employee tax returns, and registration of work place, to ensure the commission is compliant with all regulations
- Assist in the management of the HIV/AIDS, Alcohol and Drug Abuse programmes, to ensure the programmes are effective and support minimal disruptions to the commission operations, and submit timely reports to ensure identified challenges in the management of programmes are addressed in a timely manner
- Assist in the administration of performance management by the Commission, to ensure performance targets are set and managed in line with the overall Commission performance targets
- Assist in the management of employee welfare systems that include the medical scheme, to ensure best practice payroll processes are undertaken such as regular checking of data, audits, carrying out statutory reporting as necessitated by the government of Kenya in order to minimize errors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) Certificate or Higher Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management Human Resource Development or Industrial Relations, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Five (5) years of service, or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Certificate in Management course not lasting less than four weeks from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants should submit copies of the following:
- Application letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
- Certificate of good conduct, clearance/compliance from HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be
- All applications should include job reference numbers (on the envelop and application letter), a reliable email address and day-time telephone
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Avenue
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor, P.O Box 44417-00100