Senior Library Assistant Jobs, Latest Librarian Jobs, BUC Jobs,
Scale BUC 8
- A Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution; OR Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years working experience in a wellestablished Library/information Centre, and
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade of C or its acceptable equivalent with at least a C- in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, History, English or Kiswahili; and
- Demonstrable knowledge of Library Management Systems.
- Training in ICT related fields from a recognized institution.
- Experience in an automated academic library will have an added advantage.
- Issuing publications of Library clients.
- Supervision of sectional library operations.
- Conducting reference searches
- In-charge of shifts.
- Keeping and Analyzing statistics of borrowed publications.
- Conducting reference searches.
- Performing outreach activities.
- Identification of information needs for various types of users.
- Maintaining and interpreting information on library use.
- Conducting information literacy programmes.
- Institutional Repository Development.
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.