Senior Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Current Supply Chain Jobs, Vihiga County Jobs
The County Government of Vihiga is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a highly degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability to fill the following positions within its staff establishment.
Senior Supply Chain Management Officer JG ‘K’ (1Post)
The officer shall report to the County Director Supply Chain Management and shall be responsible in implementing procurement processes in the County Government.
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, tender document and co-ordination of their timely dispatch
- Assist in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- Routing, copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching on pricing, obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assist in coordination of the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and distribution of contract documents accordingly
- Consolidating of procurement plans and budget
- Disposal of assets in compliance with relevant statutes
- Control of the stores inventories and establishing re order level for each class of items in
- Implementing of Government Suppliers Policy, Application of System and procedures as developed from time to time to enhance compliance
- Assist in management of the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract.
- Preparation of management information and statistical reports;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the goods/services needed.
- Coordinate with departments and make sure the right goods/ services are acquired.
- Provide purchased goods/services to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit
- Perform other duties related to the field as assigned
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment
- Good understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations thereof.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Mangement
- Post graduate diploma in procurement/Supply Chain Management
- Work experience of at least 5 Years in a senior position in public or private sector
- Must be a member of the Institute of Supplies Management of Kenya
- Fulfilled the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2012
- Familiar with IFMIS – E-procurement system
- Proficiency in computer applications
Kindly note that:
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People from marginalized areas and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary and other benefits attached to the above vacant positions will be as determined by SRC guidelines.
- All the above vacant posts are on a 3-year renewable contract terms based on satisfactory performance.
- More details on the above advertised positions can be obtained on the County’s website
How to Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2019” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 17th April, 2020 at 5pm.
THE SECRETARY/CEO COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300 MARAGOLI
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- You Must Attach photocopies of your ID card, Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority