System/Database Administrator Jobs, IT Jobs March, Bomet University College Jobs
Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. The BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions;
System/Database Administrator Scale BUC 12
- Provide guidance and procedures in systems installation, configuration and maintenance of university servers
- Ensure ICT security (such as using firewalls); Planning, installing and maintaining university server
- Install and maintain data communication infrastructure and services.
- Provide systems administration services for university servers
- Install, configure, optimize and maintain internet and intranet.
- Undertake Database Administration including database design and development; Plan, implement and maintain university corporate databases and information systems; Evaluate, install, test and configure university databases.
- Co-ordinate, perform and monitor database processes and operations; control and monitor database usage
- Ensure database security; perform database and mail backups, monitoring, tuning and data recovery
- Facilitate information systems developers with database issues
- Install and maintain database and mail servers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Six (6) years work experience in a relevant field.
- Relevant ICT certification
- Registered members of relevant professional body and in good standing
- Must have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.