Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs 2020, REREC Jobs
The Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation, (formerly, the Rural Electrification Authority ) a state corporation established under the Energy Act, 2019, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of the country as well as develop, manage and promote the use of renewable energy in Kenya. Through its mandate, the Corporation seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas as well as develop cheap alternatives to sources of energy through the promotion of renewable energy. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Corporation has endeavored to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities have been electrified. Moving forward, the Corporation will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network. The Corporation is looking for highly experienced, motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the Corporation towards achieving its mandate. They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following positions:
TECHNICIAN, GRADE REREC 8 – 1 POST (ON TEMPORARY TERMS OF SERVICE)
Duties and responsibilities will entail assisting in:-
- Identifying the route for way-leaves acquisition for all REREC projects.
- Compiling and documenting projects technical reports including Design, Survey, Cartography and Wayleave; and
- Recommending location of proposed distribution networks including primary and secondary feeding substations by preparing description of project works, material schedules and cost estimates;
- Undertaking designs for grid extension projects as per the acceptable standards;
- Implementing policies and programs on power system design;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Minimum KCSE C- (Minus) or its equivalent;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Click here to download and send the same in WORD to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected;
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and Credit reference Bureau (CRB); and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates;
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Candidates who had previously applied are encouraged to apply again;
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 31st March, 2020