Trade Marketing Executive Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs 2020, Marie Stopes Jobs
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
We seek to recruit a Trade Marketing Executive (1 position) based in Nairobi which is part of the Commercial Services Department and reports to the Channel Lead.
This position is responsible for developing and execution of trade & market activation strategies for the entire life cycle of all products and services for Marie Stopes International. The goal is to ensure the Annual Business Plan targets are met which include income, sales volume, market share and sustainability.
• Execute Trade Marketing Strategy across a portfolio of products. This includes brand activations, merchandising, POS placement, Market research.
• Support the Brand Marketing process by identifying the key opportunities in Listing and Activations (incorporating understanding on consumers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment).
• Manage activation plans and execute campaigns through effective participation and coordination of BTL activities in the trade.
• Tacking BTL activities performance and ROI; analyses consumer trends, in store visibility activities, sales performances in order to propose new strategies and activities and provide inputs into the yearly strategic & budget exercises.
• Coordinate communication of price, product and pack changes.
• Manage Trade Marketing budget efficiently & ensure cost efficient policies are applied.
• Coordinates activities associated to organization participation at sponsorship events.
• Manage relationship between Marie Stopes International and all activation agencies and the sales team.
• Conduct periodically trade visit in coordination with the sales team.
• Provide market and product related insights vis vis the competition.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing management or any other relevant discipline from a recognised University.
• 2- 3 years of experience in Trade Marketing in FMCG industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (outgoing personality)
• Experience of project management against set deliverables
• Ability to prioritize and organize workloads independently when required
• Team player and the ability to work across different multi-media platforms and departments
• Ability to problem solve and ‘make things happen’
• Attention to detail
• Ability to analyse reports
• Event management
Soft skills required for the job:
- • Confidentiality
• Organizational skills
• Communication skills
• Team player
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How To Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 4, 2020. The subject of the email should read “TRADE MARKETING EXECUTIVE”. Kindly label your CV in your full name as you save and attach to the email.Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.