Emergency Care Technician Jobs, Current Medical Jobs, AMI Jobs
International – Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya – Contracted
AMI provides medical services to international aid organizations, humanitarian concerns, the private sector and government agencies in a wide range of remote and challenging environments. We have a large presence in North, East and West Africa as well as the Middle East. The services we provide range from primary and emergency care, aeromedical evacuation and crisis response to medical supply chain management, procurement, and hospital staffing and management. We have a well-compensated opportunity for Emergency Care Technician interested in delivering care in a region of pressing need and boundless opportunity. AMI covers visa costs, flights, and accommodation.
- Deliver professional health services including provision of Emergency Medical Technician and Emergency Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, primarily but not exclusively for emergency Medical Technician services.
- Ensure operational readiness of emergency service, instruments and medical and personal equipment.
- Assist with sterilization and maintenance of surgical instruments/equipment and stores.
- Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required.
- Assist in the general day to day operations of the facility as required.
- Train and work in a designated role within the facility’s trauma system, which is based on Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Ensure those highest standards of clinical governance in the provision of paramedic services.
- Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in the designated role, or in other roles as directed by Project Manager or designee.
- The EMT must comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Emergency Medical Technician.
- Qualified as an Emergency Medical Technician or EMT-Intermediate or Advanced EMT
- Current Certificate to Practice or Authority to Practice or equivalent Home Country registration.
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience as an Emergency Medical Technician under the supervision of a Paramedic
- A valid Home Country License must be maintained at all times
- Current Advanced Life Support (ACLS) preferred but not recommended, Basic Life Support (BLS) accredited through the AHA or equivalent and PHTLS/ITLS.
- Ability to successfully pass a local Driving License to drive ambulances within the UN compound.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Must be able to speak and understand the English Language
- The contract for 12 months with 6 months rotations.
- Number of Jobs: 6
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
How To Apply
Apply for this position: https://ami.applytojob.com or send your resume/CV with required documents to careers email email@example.com and write in the subject: COVID19 Kenya_ Emergency Care Technician
Note- This position is CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD