Epidemiology Nursing Officer Jobs, Latest Nursing Jobs April 2020, PSC Jobs
NURSING OFFICER 1 (EPIDEMIOLOGISTS)– FIVE (5) POSTS V/NO.39/2020
Basic Salary Scale : Kshs 37,070 – Kshs.49, 950 p.m. (CSG 10/JG ‘K’)
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- a Bachelors Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Field Epidemiology course lasting not less than three months;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan;
- performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient;
- creating and maintaining a safe nursing care environment for client/patient;
- carrying out patient audits to improve client/patient care;
- collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families;
- carrying out therapeutic communication with the patient/client;
- conducting community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions;
- documenting interventions and nursing outcomes;
- participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures; and
- diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventions.
How To Apply
- Candidates are required to attach copies of :-
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Current Practicing License
- Certificate of Registration to relevant professional body
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZE AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Interested and qualified person are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal www.psckjobs.go.ke so as the reach the undersigned on or before 23rd April, 2020 at 5.00 p.m. (East African time).
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION