Hotel Accountant Jobs, Latest Accounting Jobs, Superior Homes Jobs,
Position: Hotel Accountant,
The Accountant who will be responsible for tasks relating to the preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable as well as cash handling, financial management and administration
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and accurately entered into the accounting systems
- Ensuring compliance with government and corporate policies laws and regulations
- Prepares monthly reports
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and hotel procedures
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Undertake cash and bank reconciliations
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and document business transactions.
- Take responsibility for daily stock takes, spot checks, reconciliation and timely of daily sales reports against expenses.
- Responsible for verification of income, receivables & debtors reconciliation
- Prepares monthly revenue and cost center reports
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Analyze transactions, processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Apply cost accounting methods to achieve efficient representation of cost center performance.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Responsible for all statutory obligations i.e. paye, nssf, nhif, catering levy, corporate tax e.t.c.
- Responsible for payroll preparation
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA-K
- Highly skilled and experienced none degree holders with a CPA-K also qualify
- MUST have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a hotel or lodge
- MUST have Proficiency in Sage accounting system
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft office and email applications
- Must be candidate of unquestionable integrity
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Excellent analytical skills and hotel controls
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Team leader with excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send an application letter and updated CV with contacts of three professional referees only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com on or before 9th May 2020. DO NOT apply if you don’t meet the minimum qualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.