NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Logistics Officer Jobs, Latest NGO Jobs, NRC Jobs
The Logistics Officer is responsible for the implementation of all logistics functions in Dadaab field office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Training and development of logistics team at office level
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system / archives according to procedures
- Supervision of works for payment satisfaction
- Conduct spot checks
- Conduct periodic stock counts
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps.
- Oversee the warehouse operations to ensure stock security, adherence to policies, process, procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists, stock cards of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorised users.
- Ensure that the periodic inventory report is prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by Donors i.e. Monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily area operation including procurement and Supplies, all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standard as well as approved budget.
Ensure that at all times the warehouses are clean and tidy.
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Oversee all fleet related activities, spare parts fuel as well as vehicle maintenance
- Share all fleet monthly reports (fuel, repairs etc.)
- Diploma / degree in Logistics Management
- Diploma in stores management and stock control.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
How to Apply
- Apply for Logistics Officer Job NRC here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.