National Office Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs 2020, SOS Village Jobs
- We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become a National Office Accountant for SOS CV Kenya, based in National Office.
Key Functions of the Job
The National Office Accountant will undertake various duties to maintain good relationship with international sponsors which include but not limited to the following: –
- Monthly preparation of organization reports and all supporting schedules and notes
- Ensure prompt filing of returns to the NGO Board
- Keep up to date track and report on money gift. Ensuring monies received for money gift are transferred to Cash Money Gift bank accounts immediately
- Coordinate and process payment of money gift to beneficiaries when required
- Monthly uploading of credit advises slip of the National Office (NO) and that of the location to Workspace
- Perform monthly data entry checks on Navision data to ensure data quality
- Ensure monies received in National Office Bank accounts, for projects are transferred to projects immediately
- Supervise the reconciliation of clearing of vendor and customer cards.
- Address timely all data quality issues raised by the regional office
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Assist in quarterly liquidity plan process
- Ensure that there is always sufficient cash in the bank account for MA to meet outstanding obligations
- Process monthly locational running costs and ensure the same is disbursed
- Monthly reconciliation of the general ledger to Master payroll – (Expense portion only)
- Ensuring salary refunds and admin costs from all IPDs are correctly posted and reconciled (GEC, FS Busia, CISU, TPI, EGPAF)
- Sending out invoice of salary refunds monthly to locations and follow up for prompt payment of the same
- Sharing with SFO and FM monthly, salary refunds report
- Monthly bank reconciliation of main trust and US$ bank accounts that are managed by the National Office (NO)
- Train and develop financial staff within the facilities in budgeting and financial management areas
- Coordination of National office external audit
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A Certified Public Accountant registered in Kenya.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with progressive responsibility for finance in a medium or large organization, preferably in the NGO sector
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, with working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations pertaining to finance, and the ability to guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Proficient user of SAP’s and MS Office productivity tools – especially advanced Excel and Navision
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Able to work under pressure, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and execution skills and the ability take accountability for results and achievement of objectives.
- Enthusiastic, decisive, pragmatic and dynamic hands-on individual with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, thoroughness and unquestionable integrity.
- The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resources to reach us on or before 15th April 2020 by email to:
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.