Nurse Jobs, Current Nursing Jobs, US Embassy Kenya Jobs
- The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya.
- The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
- The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under Office of Medical Services (MED) approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- A minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including betted specialists and hospitals.
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent
- Valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license
- Good working Knowledge (Reading/speaking /writing) English is required. (This may be tested.)
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a local Police clearance .
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent (mandatory)
- Valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license (mandatory)
- Curriculum Vitae CV (mandatory)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya.