Policy Research & Advocacy Manager Jobs, Other Profession 2020, TJNA Jobs
The Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) is a Pan-African organisation and a member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice.
In this role, you will:
Promote and actively engage in Policy Advocacy
- Develop initiatives and partnerships to engage and influence the leading economic institutions, Regional Economic Communities in Africa in policy articulation and formulation on tax.
- Provide support to shaping effective strategies in the communication of policies aimed at influencing relevant policy targets.
- Provide support to develop strategies to strengthen National Tax Platforms and encourage the engagement of TJNA members, partners and allies in relevant pan- African programs, networks, and public domain(s) to advance the tax agenda.
- Maintain a close liaison with global tax advocacy partners including affiliates and allies of the Tax Justice Movement.
- Serve as the key contact person for tax advocacy across the African continent and links with TJNA and allies globally.
Oversee Programme Coordination
- Lead in the development, planning and monitor the execution of the activities in the four programmatic areas of International tax, extractives, investments, and inequality.
- Develop and monitor the annual budget for all programmatic activities.
- Develop and effectively manage programmes timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Coordinate the day to day operations of the programmes with guidance from the Executive Director.
- Monitor and provides quality control in the delivery of the programme activities.
- Oversee the recruitment, retention and development of highly talented staff with the right technical and personal abilities to meet the programme goals.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance within the programmes
- Ensure regular quality and timely reporting and documentation of work plan implementation against agreed budgets
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, development studies or related field from a recognized institution.
- Overall experience of 10 years with at least 5 years in a managerial and leadership role, within policy research, advocacy and program management functions; preferably in a non-governmental organization or civil institutions
- Experience in research coordination and knowledge generation
- Strong advocacy experience
- Experience in program coordination
- Experience in economic justice is an added advantage
- Ability to communicate and work in English. Fluency in French is desired and an added advantage
- Ability to collaborate and work within a cross-cultural setting
- Willingness to travel for at least 25% of the time.
How to Apply
Applications done online.