Procurement Officer Jobs,Current Procurement Jobs, MKU Jobs
Position: Procurement Officer
They include but are not limited to;
- Collaborating with Mount Kenya University’s, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Supply Agreements in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinating the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sound sustainable procurement practices, while adhering to the University’s policies and government legislation prior to issuing the tender.
- Scheduling, organizing and facilitating meetings related to Quotations, Tenders and Proposals.
- Issuing and obtaining Quotations, Tenders and Proposals as required.
- Attending and presiding over opening of Tenders, Proposals and Quotations.
- Conducting an in-depth analysis of all bids received in response to each Tender, Proposal and Quotation to identify the response that best meets the needs of the user department and is consistent with the terms and conditions of Mount Kenya University’s procurement policy.
- Providing supplier debriefing sessions when requested, with unsuccessful respondents.
- Using judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality with respect to the complete procurement process, ensuring integrity of the respondents bid information.
- Involvement in preparation of contracts and tender awards that may be confidential or have sensitive information related to property or personnel, or legal implications.
- Conferring with suppliers regarding delivery, quality and ensuring that the requirements are met.
- Contributing to the development and formulation of purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Assisting in the physical inventory process, as required.
- Investigating qualitative and quantitative discrepancies between goods ordered and goods received.
- Preparing and accurate processing of purchase requisition and purchase orders
- Accurate processing goods receipts.
- Generating monthly procurement reports and identifying unusual items and report accordingly.
- Assisting departments in preparing budgets prior to procuring goods and services.
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Director, Institutional Planning and Administration.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Procurement Assistant in MKU or at a comparable position.
- Must have a Professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Must possess Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related area.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in MKU as a Procurement Assistant or at a comparable position.
- Must be registered with a relevant professional body.
- Must be computer literate.
- Should be an excellent communicator, a good listener and attentive to detail.
- Be able to work perfectly under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Be able to take up emergency assignments and perform them effectively.
- Uphold sound work ethics and be highly disciplined.
- Possess tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit soft copies of the application letter, academic and professional qualifications and curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Director on or before Friday, 3rd April 2020, through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.