Secretarial Assistant III Jobs, Administration Jobs April 2020, KNEC Jobs
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (Cap 225A, Laws of Kenya) which was repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act No. 29 of 2012, to conduct school and post school examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates or diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations. The Council invites competent, self-motivated and qualified applicants for the following vacant position;
SECRETARIAL ASSISTANT III, EC SCALE 5 (4 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
The position is critical in providing a work environment that is conducive to office visitors, and in facilitating the work of the officer one is assigned to. The officer will be expected to:
- type routine letters and memos from drafts and manuscripts;
- process data; operate office equipment;
- ensure security of office equipment, documents and records; attend to visitors/clients;
- file documents;
- receive, record and dispatch mail and maintain a register of outgoing and incoming mail;
- handle telephone calls, diary and appointments; cross reference of correspondence.
Requirements for Appointments
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C (plain);
- The following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
- Typewriting II (minimum 40 w.p.m)/Computerized Document Processing II
- Business English I/Communications I
- Office Practice I
- Commerce I;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized Institution.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
HOW TO APPLY.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should download and fill the Application of Employment form KNEC.2A (REVISED 2018), application letter with enclosed certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail address, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 27th April, 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P.O. Box 73598 – 00200
- Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification;
- KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply