Assistant Chief Radiation Protection Officer Jobs, Technical Jobs May 2020, PSC Jobs
ASSISTANT CHIEF RADIATION PROTECTION OFFICER – FOUR (4) POST V/NO. 114/2020
Salary Scale: Kshs. 85, 110 – Kshs. 119,730 p.m. (CSG -7)
House Allowance: Ksh.16,800 – 45,000 (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.12,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Ksh.6,000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving in the grade of Radiation Protection Officer I (CSG9) and above or in comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelor of Science Degree in in any of the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Nuclear Engineering, Physical Sciences with a bias in Atomic, Radiation or Nuclear Sciences or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate course in Radiation Protection lasting not less than three (3) months from a recognized institution; and
- Departmental Investigation and Public Prosecution course lasting not less than two (2) weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- inspecting and certifying radiation protection service providers;
- assessing and reviewing emergency preparedness and response plans for radiation protection and nuclear safety and security;
- conducting border surveillance activities in collaboration with other state agencies/stakeholders;
- mapping out environmental radiation levels;
- maintaining an up-to-date system of accounting and control for nuclear materials under the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and comprehensive safeguards agreement;
- designing radiation protection training manuals and training users of radiation sources and materials; and
- conducting Non-Ionizing Radiation Exposure measurements.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd June 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).