ICT Director Jobs, IT Jobs 2020, Kisumu County Jobs,
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) Ref:
Terms of service: Three (3) years’ Contract
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Officer, for the formulation, implementation and coordination of ICT policies, strategies and programmes in the Public Service.
- Providing leadership, vision and management to the ICT department;
- Assessing and responding to the ICT needs of the county;
- Directs the planning, budgeting, and operations of the department;
- Directs the Coordination of project initiation, prioritization, and Information Technology resource allocation;
- Directs the development of service delivery strategies and designs ICT solutions;
- Managing the ICT and County Data Center;
- Advising the county on ICT matters;
- Developing and Implementing operational policies and guidelines on the utilization of ICT resources;
- Establishing and ensuring smooth operations of the human resource functions;
- Ensuring compliance with public service values and principles in the county;
- Ensuring compliance with the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or related field from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in any other ICT related disciplines from a recognized Institution.
- Have at least five (5) years’ experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience with at least four (4) years as an ICT leader in a dynamic environment
- Outstanding managerial and administrative capability and a wide professional experience in ICT policies and e-government strategy development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts and methodologies
- Have operational knowledge on information management systems
- Ability to multi-task, motivate and lead others.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Be a member of the relevant ICT professional body in good standing.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to email@example.com by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.