- Plan and implement instructional activities for the students as per the syllabus to ensure active and meaningful learning experience.
- Preparing and maintain teacher professional records not limited to schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, record of work covered and other records.
- Maintain current students’ attendance records and make them readily available to the supervisor.
- Assess and evaluate students continuously as per the training program requirements and maintain students’ progress records.
- Provide feedback to parents and project officer on pupil’s progress during education forums and report forms.
- Responsible for the registration of learner’s details.
- Make certain that course syllabus is completed in time.
- Report for duty and lessons on time as required by the organization policy.
- Prepare and maintain updated inventory of training resources assigned.
- Ensure that safety precautions are observed during training activities.
- Participate in mobilization, recruitment and retention of the online freelancing learners.
- Maintaining students discipline.
- Participate in guiding and counseling students.
- Carry out hardware and software maintenance of ICT equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic network /internet connectivity problems.
- Liaise with the ICT focal person in internet/network management.
- Provide 1st line of IT Support in the delivery centres.
- Conduct placement, evaluation and monitoring of students during attachments and apprenticeship
- Working with the school management and other stakeholders to ensure meaningful participation of learners in all aspects of education.
- Provide Entrepreneurship and business skills training to learners.
- Take part in designing, procurement and distribution of basic startup kit and livelihood support Kit for program graduates.
- Provide market information, Technical support and after training support to the ICT careers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- KCSE Certificate
- Hold a recognized Diploma/ Higher Diploma or graduate in ICT or computer studies
- Holds a recognized certificate in teaching methodology in Technical Education
- Two year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth. A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
We can offer
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
How To Apply
Apply for the ICT Skills Teacher Job here.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*