Radiation Protection Officer Jobs, Current Technical Jobs, PSC Jobs
RADIATION PROTECTION OFFICER II – SIX (6) POST – V/NO. 115/2020
Salary Scale: Kshs. 37,070 – Kshs 49,950 p.m. (CSG -10)
House Allowance: Ksh.7,500 – 16,500 p.m. (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.5,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Ksh.6,000 (once yearly)
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have a Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Nuclear Engineering, Physical Sciences with a bias in Atomic, Radiation or Nuclear Science from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- receiving and documenting license applications forms;
- preparing data collection tools;
- receiving and verifying radiation dosimetry results;
- keying data into the Regulatory Authority Information System (RAIS);
- collecting data;
- collecting sample materials for environmental radiation monitoring;
- verifying completeness of license application forms; and
- compiling information for development of Education, Communication and information materials for public sensitization against exposure to radiation.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 2nd June 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).