Chief Officer Jobs, Latest County Government Jobs, Nakuru County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the Nakuru County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:-
CHIEF OFFICER – 1 POSITION JG “S”
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be a Kenya citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years, five of which should be in a managerial position;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Have the ability to portray and uphold a positive image;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010; and
- Be computer literate.
A Chief Officer will be responsible to a County Executive Committee Member in the Administration of a County Department, he/she will be the Accounting and Authorized Officer responsible for:
- Providing strategic policy direction for improved service delivery;
- Developing and implementing an effective performance management system;
- Developing, promoting and implementing strategic plans, the County Integrated Development Plans and sector plans;
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of the Department’s financial and non-financial resources including management, control and reporting on financial information, material resources and facilities;
- Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of the county, other county departments, the private sector and other stakeholders; and
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Handling administration matters, assets and other required issues related to the department;
- Preparation of the departmental plans and budgets;
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures;
- Ensure timely, efficient communication and coordination of administrative departmental affairs;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.132,000/- – Ksh.195,410/- p.m. Job Group “S”. Allowances as per the SRC circulars attached to the position.
Terms of service: Contract.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by copies of;
- National Identity Card;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Academic and Professional certificates, testimonials, Registration certificates to Professional bodies and other relevant documents;
- Clearance certificates from : Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct), Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, Clearance certificate from Commission for University Education (for holders of degrees from foreign Universities)
Applications should be sent by POST or COURIER SERVICES with the position applied clearly indicated on top of the envelope to; Secretary, Nakuru County Public Service Board, Public works building – Prisons road, P.O. Box 2870-20100, NAKURU on or before 30th June, 2020. (No hand delivered application will be accepted)
ONLY Short listed candidates will be contacted and they shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and Professional certificates, Transcripts, Registration certificates to Professional bodies and any other relevant documents during interviews.
The County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, Persons living with Disabilities, Marginalised and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants from Nakuru County to indicate their home Sub-County and Ward of residence.
Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board does not use agents nor does it charge any fees.
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD