Electrical Instructor Jobs, Teaching Jobs 2020, RWMT Jobs
Position: Garment Making Instructor
Train students in specific technical skills area (Electrical) and prepare them for formal examinations/trade test.
- Develop lesson plans as per the curriculum of the particular technical trade area and implement the Curriculum
- Take part in recruitment process of the new students.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution among them.
- Prepare the students for their final examination and facilitate internal examinations.
- Accompany the class to the examination center whenever called upon.
- Ensure all qualified students are registered for the exams.
- Assist in ensuring that all qualified students pay their contributions to the exams.
- Ensure that the institutions values and principles are communicated to the students and their caregivers.
- Ensure that the institutions rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students.
- Ensure the students participate in all other related institutions activities.
- Assist in keeping database of Personal details and relevant documents of the students.
- Making sure that the right students as per the set criteria are the ones attending class.
- Keeping daily attendance registers for the students.
- Filing of the examination records.
- Collecting monitoring and evaluation data in conjunction with the M & E department.
- Ensure students pay their fees to RWMT Finance department fully and timely.
Economic Mentoring to Students
- Train and mentor students to acquire skills in developing items for sale and ensure self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate students to meet production deadlines and relevant targets.
- Train the students on how to deal with possible clients so as to enable them have competitive advantage.
- Train the students on how to determine prices of their finished products to enable them engage in profitable ventures out of the acquired skills.
- Train the students on the possible ways of marketing their skills.
Maintenance of Equipment
- Implement basic procedures that are geared towards ensuring better security of inputs.
- Carry out regular maintenance of equipment and assets
- Request inputs from the inventory (and procurement) and allocate them to students for use.
- Report any damage caused and repairs needed in class and respective equipment.
- Lock and open the class (workshop) in the morning and evening.
- Provide recommendations that can improve security of the class and RWMT equipment.
- Assist in general repair and maintenance on areas that are relevant to the incumbents’ expertise whenever called to.
- Advise the organization promptly on different areas that are related to the incumbents’ field.
- Come up with products for the organizations use whenever called to.
- Spearhead production ventures of the organization with the help of students and casuals where necessary as per the set timelines.
- Supervise casuals and students work in regards to production.
- Ensure that the final products are of good quality so as to maintain satisfaction of RWMT clients.
- Take part in wage preparation of the casual staff engaged in production.
- Take part in conducting interviews for the casuals and staff in incumbent’s area of expertise.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of production and training reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of production and training activities.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- At least a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Technology from a reputable Polytechnic or/and Technical Institutions.
- A Grade 1 Trade Test Certification in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
- Electrical Technology
- Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Must have registered with TVET
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rdJuly 2020. cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with RafikiwaMaendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply. Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.