Nurse Mentor Jobs, Latest Nursing Jobs, Jacaranda Health Jobs
Jacaranda Health is a non-profit organization focused on ensuring that all women have access to affordable, high quality and patient-centered care. Our maternity hospital serves low-income women peri-urban Nairobi, and has grown from 600 patients in 2012, to over 30,000 patient visits annually, and has achieved international recognition as a provider of high-quality care.
Jacaranda also partners with government facilities to adapt these tools for impact in the public sector. Our program partnerships with mission and public facilities have grown from 3 facilities in 2015, to 70 facilities serving over 75,000 women and babies in 2020. We are now seeking to expand our partnerships with county level governments across Kenya. Please visit www.jacarandahealth.org for more details.
Jacaranda Health is expanding its mentorship program in Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) to new counties in Kenya. This is an on-site mentoring approach, where our team of EmONC mentors lead continuous medical education (CME) sessions, one-on-one mentorship, skills trainings, and simulation drills for emergencies, leading to a significant and sustained improvement in EmONC knowledge and skills. Our team will work with county health administrators to adapt the current model for the county context.
Under the supervision of the Program Management Team, the EmONC Mentor will be responsible for oversight and execution of the county-specific mentorship program in the field.
- Works as a self-driven individual who is passionate about maternal health
- Conducts facility-based CMEs, simulation drills, and other methods of learning
- Facilitates Quality Improvement initiatives where applicable and tracks data
- Conducts performance improvement programs based on learning needs of the staff.
- Performs nursing practice by providing direct patient care where appropriate
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism and represents Jacaranda as an organization dedicated to ending maternal/neonatal deaths and morbidities
- Strong Knowledge of EmONC principles and experience handling emergencies; has completed ALSO training or equivalent
- Experience in collecting data for monitoring or research purposes
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate, deliver and evaluate education and training programs that incorporate contemporary adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated experience in a nursing leadership role involving change management, team development skills, and the ability to apply complex problem-solving strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years midwifery experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to deal with interpersonal conflict
- This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, based in the counties neighboring Nairobi OR western Kenya.
- Reporting to: Senior Program Coordinator (EmONC Mentorship)
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should apply through this link: https://my.hirehive.io/jacaranda-health/jobs/64382/nurse-mentor.
No hard copies required or accepted. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th June 2020