General Worker Job, Latest Technical Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title:General Worker
To physically receive, unload and load trucks with client materials/products accordingly and maintain an inventory control. Ensure the warehouse is stocked with essential equipment and support in coordinating the movement and storage of goods in a warehouse.
- Ensure that incoming goods are unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse.
- Locate items needed and prepare them for loading
- Weigh and count items for distribution within the warehouse to ensure conformance to company and warehouse standards
- Manually Loading/offloading at the Handling shed/ customer premises
- Monitor incoming and outgoing goods for obvious faults or defects and report to the supervisor.
- Ensure the warehouse machinery is serviced and functional
- Check orders using inventory control system against original purchase documents
- Ensure content of goods delivered are double-checked for accuracy
- Conduct warehouse stock audits
- Assist in counting of physical inventory
Support in labelling and packaging
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
Support in Safety procedures
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for designated staff
- Ensure all persons accessing the warehouse follow all safety codes.
- Ensure compliance of safety procedures in running warehouse operations
- Clean the warehouse and the company vehicles.
- O’ Level
- Accuracy and keen to detail.
- Ability to stand for long hours, lift items and work at height.
- Experience and knowledge in warehouse and distribution operations in a clearing and forwarding company.
- Good analytical, numerical skills and computer skills.
- Possession of a Forklift Truck Certification and License will be an added advantage.
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV with the subject,General Worker to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th July, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.