Assistant Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya 2020,
JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/17/2020– Grade KPC 7,
- Prepare statements of evidence by witnesses and briefing papers for use by lawyers in case Kenya Pipeline Company is taken to court.
- Assist the staff by providing information on legal processes that affect KPC.
- Establish and maintain contractual agreements with externally appointed professional legal firms to provide legal services in case of civil or criminal litigation involving Kenya Pipeline Company
- Brief witnesses and take notes of evidence
- Gather evidence in cases involving Kenya Pipeline Company to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings in order to formulate legal defense or to initiate legal action
- Conduct legal research, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defense strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations; handle disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognised University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Proficiency in computer applications
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive understanding of litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution processes as well as commercial law including legal and regulatory framework governing the regulation of the Energy sector
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- Flexibility and responsiveness in providing high quality customer service
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, data base, presentation, email, internet etc.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving legal trends through continuing legal education
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 11th August 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.