Pharmaceutical Technologist Job, Current Pharmaceutical Jobs In Kenya,
REF/TNH/PT/07/20 (CONTRACT TERMS),
Reporting to the Team Leader – Pharmacy, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Processing and dispensing prescriptions, treatment sheets and medication orders correctly and accurately.
- Giving accurate drug information to all doctors, nurses, patients and other user departments.
- Following the laid down security and safety systems and procedures in all transactions including not sharing computer log-in and password with other staff.
- Participating in the drug stocking process i.e. stock requisition, reception from stores, prompt shelving and keeping a tight control of pharmacy stock items.
- Following up to conclusion all stock issues requiring attention such as the pricing of drugs, patient credits, replacement of damaged or expired stocks.
- Participating in stock takes and actively take part in stock variance reconciliation.
- Checking the expiry dates of medicines, making sure that the short expiry drugs are tagged and returned back to the store in compliance with the Short Expiry Drug Policy
- Carrying out quarterly medicine storage areas inspection in all medicine storage areas including theatres, critical care areas and crash carts.
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of hospital policies on drug use, pharmacy standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Assisting the Senior Pharmacists in the training of new Pharmaceutical Technologists and students who come to the pharmacy unit for their internship.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Two (2) years working experience.
- Good communication skills, honest and good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than Friday 21st August 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL
P.O. BOX 30026 – 00100