Credit Product Manager Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya
Role title: Credit Product Manager
Company: Techsavanna company LTD, Nairobi
Work Station: Maputo, Dar es Salaam, Kinshasa, Maseru, Accra and Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Credit Product Managerwithin Software Engineering in Mobile Money Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >40 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial Team works to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include championingthe credit portfolio atM-Pesa. This includes bringing the voice of the customer, industry trends and design thinking to create solutions for our customer and MSME base, and actively engaging and influencing key internal and external stakeholders. You willalso be the “linchpin” between the engineering teams and the business.
Champion Credit Product Strategy & Execution
- Own the vision for credit products
- Drive the roadmap incorporating industry and customer researchto create transformative product offerings
- Be a customer advocate; ensure the voice of the borrower is central to new product development
- Rally product creation colleagues to drive timely results – developers, business analysts, architects, delivery managers, operations support, etc.
Spearhead Partnerships to Drive Innovation:
- Lead partnership discussions with banks, MFIs, NBFCs, etc.
- Drive business development with relevant 3rdparties, negotiate key commercial and product terms and support legal on contracting
Build “trusted advisor” relationship with key stakeholders across the business
- Offer strategic support on the credit strategy, negotiations and business case
- Co-develop launch and go to market plans with JV product managers to drive uptake and engagement
- Ensure engagement of compliance, engineering and other colleagues
- 10 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of remittance experienceat a fintech, bank or other relevant digital business
- Strong knowledge of mobile money, fintech and financial services
- Experience with emerging market consumers, and multicultural sensitivity
- Analytical bent of mind, structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Results-driven self-starter
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Contagious passion for,and commitment to driving mobile money growth and innovation
- Willingness to travel frequently
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.