Production Supervisor Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya 2020
Title: Production Supervisor – Fresh Produce
Industry: Horticulture (Export)
Salary: 60k – 80k
Our client is a leading exporter of fresh fruits and vegetables to the European and Middle East Markets. They currently are seeking to hire a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for assisting the Packhouse Manager in the management in all operational aspects of the packhouse including quality, productivity, health and safety, compliance, staffing and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain quality specifications of lines of fruit & vegetable from allocation to production line, through to the supply to marketer.
- Ensure that all packhouse policies & procedures are adhered to by staff and the production line
- Through a specified maintenance plan/checklist ensure that all machinery within the plant is properly maintained and in optimum working order
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Food Safety standards and policy are adhered to
- Through an understanding of HSE best practice ensure the safety of yourself and your staff
- Work with the Employment Officer to ensure the line is adequately resourced with staff
- Ensure all supervisors are properly trained and that they train their respective teams
- Resolve conflict and deal with disputes in accordance with company employment and disciplinary code
- Build rapport with team leaders and staff on the production line ensuring open lines of communication
- Management of the pack house operations including all pack house staff and operations
- Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation
- Provide weekly/monthly and annual reports to the Operations Manager and Director
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles
- Develop and train a team of pack house staff
- The successful candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university preferably in an agricultural related discipline.
- Must have minimum of 4 (four) years’ experience in managing flower or perishable pack houses.
- Must have excellent management experience.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must have an understanding and good knowledge of fresh produce industry industrial relations.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Production Supervisor – Fresh Produce). to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 06th August 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.