Supply Chain Management Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the OCOB seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions.
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: COB 5: 1 POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Manager Supply Chain Management, this position is responsible for providing technical support in the efficient and effective administration, coordination management of the procurement and supply chain management function in the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015;
- Implement supply chain policies, systems and procedures;
- Prepare annual procurement plan for goods and services;
- Implement disposal of unserviceable and obsolete goods as per the guidelines of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015;
- Maintain and review establishment of an inventory of service providers;
- Ensure submission of quarterly reports to the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA);
- Ensure periodic reports on supply chain management;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Chief Manager Supply Chain Management from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Must have a Diploma in Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a professional body/organization i.e. the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS) in good standing;
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management;
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University; will be an added advantage.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act,
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The successful candidate for the position of Chief Manager Supply Chain Management will be appointed on a three (3) year renewable contract term. All other positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 14th July, 2020 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.