Assistant Director Job, Current Agricultural Jobs In Kenya
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FISHERIES/ BLUE ECONOMY– SIX (6) POSTS – V/NO. 173/2020
- served for a minimum period of ten (10) years and currently serving at the grade of Senior Fisheries/Blue Economy Officer, CSG 9 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science , Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Spatial Sciences, Chemistry or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- awareness of the Fisheries Policies, Fisheries Act and other related Statutes; and
- merit and proven ability as reflected in work performance and results
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- monitoring the implementation of policies regarding the conservation, management and utilization of all fisheries resources;
- in consultation with the Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute, follow up on research findings;
- implementation of bilateral projects and programs;
- overseeing economic, social, institutional, governance, policy, and management aspects of fisheries and aquaculture, with particular emphasis on improving human well-being, food security and poverty reduction;
- development of blue economy spatial plans and integrated coastal management plans;
- development of the blue economy master plan;
- coordinating policy development on establishment of fishing ports and associated infrastructure;
- development of strategies for capacity building for sustainable utilization of agro-based marine resources;
How to Apply
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).