Blue Economy Management & Development Job, Current Director Jobs,
DIRECTOR, BLUE ECONOMY MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT – ONE
(1) POST -V/NO. 171/2020
Salary scale: Ksh. 132,000.00 – Ksh. 195,410.00 p.m (‘CSG 5’)
House Allowance: Ksh. 60,000.00 p.m
Commuter allowance: Ksh. 20, 000.00 p.m
Leave entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Terms of service: Pensionable/Local Agreement
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Assistant Director of Fisheries/Blue Economy Management and Development, CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: – Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Spatial Sciences, Chemistry or any other relevant qualification from a university
recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields;- Fisheries, Zoology, Botany, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science , Physical Sciences, Economics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Oceanography, Environmental or Fisheries Law, or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- knowledge of the development of blue economy spatial plans, integrated coastal management plans;
- in-depth understanding and utilization of marine resources in the exclusive economic zones, national and international fisheries agreements, conventions, protocols and United Nations Convention on laws of the sea;
- knowledge of the blue economy/ Fisheries Policies, and other related Acts and Statutes;
- knowledge of the concepts on effective models for multi-agency cooperation and systems;
- knowledge of development strategies for fisheries agribusiness; and
- merit and proven ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
- An officer at this level will head the Directorate of Blue Economy Management and Development and will be responsible to the fisheries secretary for all technical functions of the Directorate. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- coordinating the protection and regulation of aquatic ecosystem and marine resources in the exclusive economic zones (EEZ);
- coordinating the development of the blue economy spatial plans, economy master plan, and integrated coastal management plans;
- coordinating policy development on establishment of fishing ports and associated infrastructure;
- capacity building for sustainable utilization of agro-based marine resources;
- development and implementation of international protocols, conventions and treaties regarding the blue economy in all aspects;
- provide secretariat services to the Kenya Fisheries Advisory Council; and
- enhancing technical cooperation with Partner States in the Blue Economy
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons
with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by
5.00 p.m. (East African Time).