Clinical Pharmacist Job, Pharmaceutical Jobs In Kenya August 2020,
Position: Clinical Pharmacist (Critical Care) – KUTRRH/DCSCPCC/322 – 1 POST
Type: Full Time
The Critical Care Clinical Pharmacist’s job exists to coordinate and provide specialized clinical pharmacist services, research and training the hospital.
- Attend doctors’ rounds in Intensive Care Unit, High Dependency Unit and medical ward consulting with the physicians and other health care providers in selecting the medication therapy that best meets the patient’s needs and contributes effectively to the overall therapy
- Conduct medication reviews and develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects.
- To offer drug information to consultants, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers of the
- To participate in the review and update of the KUTRRH Formulary to enable optimal drug
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Antibiotic Stewardship, Medicines and Therapeutic, Infection Control, and other Advisory Committees as
- Develop clinical pharmacy practice programs according to policies and
- Conduct regular clinical audits and other improvement
- Prevent, detect, resolve and document medication errors and make appropriate evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy recommendations as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participating in departmental education
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy, specialized in Critical Care from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons
- Valid practice
- Professional Insurance indemnity
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Experience with an online prescription system is an added
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities
- At least 3 years working experience as a Clinical Pharmacist (Critical Care) in a busy
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Team player
How to apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 23rd September 2020. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal on the website www.kutrrh.go.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only).
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption
- A report from an approved Credit Reference
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the career portal.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer