Critical Care Nursing Officers Job, Nursing Jobs In Kenya 2020,
- Ensure that the critical care centers are clean and in the right conditions to provide the conducive environment needed by patients into the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Ensure that the critical care centers have all the machinery, equipment and materials needed to provide critical care to patients admitted into the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, or pressure lines and identify malfunctioning equipment or devices and report the same to the biomedical engineering section of the hospital.
- Receive patients in critical conditions that are referred to the critical care centers and book them in for advanced care and attention.
- Deliver quality nursing care in accordance with the set Nursing Standards and as per the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Ensure the provision of quality critical care nursing services to patients, based on assessment data or identified needs.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple or complex medical conditions.
- Coordinate patient care conferences and participate in the development, review, or evaluation of critical care nursing practice protocols in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned in the area of health care.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practice License
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- At least one year working experience as a Critical Care Nursing Officer in a reputable health facility.
Soft skills required for the Job
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum, Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official emails/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER