Electro-Mechanical Technologist Job, Current Engineering Jobs In Kenya, County Government Jobs In Kenya August,
The County Government of Tana River pursuant to Section 59(1) (a), (b) and 66 of the County Government Act 2012 as read together with article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGIST– J/G ‘H’ (1 POST) – PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
Participation reviews and controls work activities related to the installation, testing and commissioning and maintenance of various electrical and mechanical systems other electro- mechanical equipment and infrastructure as per County policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Carry out first and second line Routine and Preventive Maintenance of AC and DC power Plants in water
- Record all tasks carried out and maintain Records of Power Plant, meter readings
- Be familiar and carry out fault finding in AC and D.C Plants and associated installation work;
- Participate in AC and D.C Power Plant associated installation work in water
- Be able to carry out routine and preventive maintenance of Generator sets including AMF Panel as when
- Ensure Power Plant Safety Procedures followed at all times
- Attend to Emergency Call Outs as when required
- Ensure all areas are kept clean and tidy;
- Highlight to his superiors any abnormalities associated with Power Plant or any other Cooperate equipment and assets
- Assist other Power Plant cadres in case of emergency maintenance or breakdown
- Perform other duties as assigned by Superior
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a Holder of Diploma/Certificate/ Trade Test in Electrical Electronics Engineering;
- 3 years’ experience in maintenance field;
- Experience in electronic/electrical servicing or maintenance of Water supplies equipment will be a distinct
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good Time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Must be able to work alone (with little or no supervision;
- Resolving problems efficiently, quickly, in a timely manner;
- Adoptable and flexible;
- Quick leaner;
- Well disciplined, honest and responsible;
- Has Eye for details
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Terms of service: All positions on contract shall be three (3) years Remuneration: As prescribed by salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 28th August, 2020.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, the marginalized and Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.