Employee Resourcing & Development Manager Job, HR Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Manager (Employee Resourcing & Development)
- Conduct Monthly/ Quarterly/ Bi-annual or annual reviews of staffing levels in every section to determine the best human resource strategy prior to recruitment.
- Cross-examine staff establishments received from the Academic and Administration Planning and Institutional Advancement Divisions prior to submission to the University Management Board.
- Ensure the University obtains and retains the human resources it needs in line with the University’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the turnaround time for filling of vacancies created through separation of staff is practical to enhance business continuity.
- Effectively manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the university culture in recruitment.
- Facilitate all interviews for staff promotion in consultation with the respective process owners in line with the University Statutes and Schedules.
- Create, organize, plan, and present various forms of on-boarding, orientation, and skills training for employees ensuring submission of induction reports to enable continuous improvement.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with section heads on a regular basis to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing ones.
- Develop and implement staff training and development programs and budgets.
- In liaison with the Performance Management Committee, implement the performance management system by ensuring that performance across the University is deliberately planned, monitored and evaluated.
- Coordinate staff performance appraisals across the campuses and ensure that the necessary remedies are implemented.
- Ensure employee potential is maximized by encouraging cross-team activities and participation in coaching and mentorship programmes.
- Advise staff members on career development matters in line with the University’s Schemes of Service.
- Guide staff on all training procedures including application, bonding, progress reports and study leave.
- Develop a knowledge management plan to promote data literacy and enable knowledge sharing and collaboration within the University.
- Develop succession planning programs and strategies aimed at creating a pool of trained workers for advancement to key positions with the intention of safeguarding the University against any contingencies relating to the exit of key staff.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- 5 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
- Possess effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as logical and sound decision making ability;
- Possess strong strategic planning and change management skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Possess firm, fair and transparent management style; and
- Be a creative, ethical, innovative and transformative leader
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence through the email address below attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) that clearly indicates the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only email (softcopy) applications sent to email@example.com on or before 14th August 2020 will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.