Enforcement Officer Job, Current County Government Jobs In Kenya,
The County Government of Tana River pursuant to Section 59(1) (a), (b) and 66 of the County Government Act 2012 as read together with article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘E’ (55 POSTS) – PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
The specific duties of Enforcement Officer will include;
- Recording statements;
- Drafting charge-sheets;
- Giving evidence in court;
- Marking and preserving exhibits;
- Performing customer care desk duties such as receiving and directing reportees to the relevant offices;
- Collecting, processing and disseminating information;
- Preliminary investigations;
- Effecting lawful arrests;
- Performing traffic duties such as traffic flow control, directing motor vehicles; undertaking report office duties;
- Hoisting and lowering of flags;
- Carrying out riot and crowd control;
- Performing guard duties;
- Responding to distress calls;
- Collecting intelligence;
- Undertaking patrols;
- Screening people entering public places;
- Performing band duties,
- Providing escort duties;
- Ensuring compliance with county laws in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies
- Performing various parade duties;
- Any other duties
For recruitment and appointment to the rank of Constable of the Directorate of Tana River County Enforcement, a candidate must:
- have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade of D- (Minus) and above from Kenya National Examination Council or its equivalent qualification from a recognized examining body;
- Served in disciplined services at the rank of Constable, Private or Warden.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be physically and medically fit;
- Be certified medically fit by a Government
- Be between the age 18 and 30 years and below 45 years for retirees of disciplined services.
- Be in possession of a National Identity Card;
- Have no criminal record
How to Apply
Terms of service: All positions on contract shall be three (3) years Remuneration: As prescribed by salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 28th August, 2020.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, the marginalized and Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.