Fisheries/Blue Economy Deputy Director Job, Director Jobs in Kenya August 2020,
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, FISHERIES / BLUE ECONOMY – TWO (2) POSTS -V/NO.
Basic Salary: Ksh. 98,500 – Kshs 166,780.p.m (‘CSG 6’)
House Allowance: Ksh. 50,000.00 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 16,000.00 p.m
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Terms of Service: Pensionable.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years and currently serving at the grade of Principal Fisheries/Blue Economy Officer, CSG 8 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: – Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, biological Sciences, food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Physical Sciences or any other equivalent and relevant qualifications from a university recognized
- knowledge of the Fisheries and Blue Economy development and management policies, Fisheries Act and other related statutes and international conventions; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level include: –
- initiating and implementing fisheries and Blue Economy policies, programmes and strategies;
- monitoring the implementation of regional and international fisheries and Blue Economy agreements;
- coordinating the strengthening of fisheries and Blue Economy extension services;
- promoting co-operation between the fisheries, Blue Economy sectors and local and international stakeholders;
- undertaking cost effective research to advance national and sectoral fisheries and Blue Economy priorities;
- promoting fish marketing and value addition;
- promoting sustainable use of food based aquatic resources; and
- harmonizing fisheries and Blue Economy technical training in liaison with relevant institutions.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons
with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by
5.00 p.m. (East African Time).