Principal Fisheries/Blue Economy Officer Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
Basic Salary: Ksh.55, 150.00 (CSG 8),
House Allowance: Ksh.35, 000.00,
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.8, 000.00,
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year,
Medical Benefits: As existing in the Civil Service,
Terms of Service: Pensionable.
- be serving at the grade of Senior Fisheries/Blue Economy Officer, CSG 9 or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service or private sector;
- have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields:- Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, fisheries management. sociology, economics/statistics, environmental law or any other equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have knowledge of the Fisheries Policies, Fisheries Act and other related Statutes; and
- have shown merit and proven ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- validating fisheries, aquaculture and blue economy related statistical data and reports.
- fisheries policy research and development, and monitoring of its implementation,
- development of policy briefs/fact sheets,
- promotion of Kenya as a centre for aquaculture development,
- development and implementation of international standards/protocols, conventions and treaties
- development of the Blue Economy Master Plan;
- monitoring of co-management tools development and implementation
- perform project delivery activities such as report writing;
- undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification; and
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Women, People living with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities who meet the requirements of the advertised posts are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original certificates and other testimonials during the interview.
How To Apply
Completed application forms should be sent to the Principal Secretary, State Department for Fisheries and the Blue Economy, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, P. O. Box 58187-00200, Nairobi, email email@example.com or hand deliver your application to our offices, Maji House 3rd Floor Room 343 on or before 24th August, 2020.