Hides & Skins Inspector Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Position Hides and Skins Inspector II, Job Group CPCB 12 (2 Posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under guidance of a more experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will involve
- Demonstrate to traders and skin flayers on the appropriate methods of flaying, cleaning curing and storage of hides and skins;
- Ensure that the hides and skins are delivered to the curing premises immediately after flaying;
- Advise livestock farmers on the proper methods of handling domestic animals for production of quality hides and skins;
- Collect hides and skin data on production;
- Grading and defects and issuing dispatch notes to facilitate movement of hides and skins as a disease control measure; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have KCSE C- (Minus) mean grade or its accepted equivalent with passes in relevant subjects required for admission to a recognized Hides and Skins and Leather Studies training Institution in Kenya;
- Have a two year certificate in either Hides and Skins improvement or Leather Technology from a recognized institution; and Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website and fill the application form and submit online.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to email@example.com are allowed.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th August, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.