Principal Librarian Job, Current Librarian Jobs In Kenya,
KLRC 5: ONE (1) POST V/NO. 2/2020,
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 88,435 – Kshs. 117,146 p.m,
Terms of Service: Permanent.
The Principal Librarian will be responsible to the Deputy Director Finance and Administration for all Library services.
This is the highest grade for this cadre in the Commission.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- The officer will head the Library unit at the Commission and be responsible for the initiation, development, interpretation and implementation of library policies, guidelines and procedures;
- coordination of a unified list of periodicals in the Information Centre;
- standardization of cataloguing, classification, indexing, managing the e-library and dissemination of information;
- preparation and submission of budget estimates;
- deployment and re-deployment of staff in the unit, training and development, supervising, guiding and counselling of staff in the unit.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- served in the grade of Senior Librarian or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- a Master’s degree in Library Studies or Information Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Library Science, Information Communication Studies or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be a registered member of a relevant Professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills and demonstrate proficiency in computer use and applications; and
- Has demonstrated professional and administrative ability required for efficient performance of duties at this level.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- Supervisory skills;
- Resource management and mobilizing skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Library Management skills;
- Public Relations skills;
- Target setting skills;
- Report writing skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE (KLRC 1) application form. The form may be downloaded from our Website https://klrc.go.ke
The Candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
In addition to the above requirements, candidates are required to comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any candidate who canvasses for a post will automatically be disqualified
- Women, Persons living with disability and those from Marginalized Communities are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted through the undersigned and delivered at the Kenya Law Reform Commission offices on 3rd floor, Room 321 or through email@example.com for online applications on or before 24th August, 2020.
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY,
KENYA LAW REFORM COMMISSION,
RE- INSURANCE PLAZA 3RD FLOOR,
P.O. BOX 34999 – 00100
The Kenya Law Reform Commission is an equal opportunity employer.