Livestock Production Officer Job, Latest Agricultural Jobs In Kenya, Latest County Government Jobs In Kenya
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: Livestock Production Officer, Job Group CPSB 09 (5 Posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under guidance of a more experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level entail:-
- Monitor the production trends of leather and leather products;
- Undertake relevant training and demonstrations on best practices to stakeholders for production of high quality hides, skins and leather products;
- Collect and collate data on hides and skins;
- Undertake hides and skins and leather projects activities;
- Undertake inspection of curing premises and stores for issuance of registration of premises certificate;
- Monitor and advise tanners and traders on proper waste disposal from tanneries and hides and skins curing premises; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields- Leather Technology, Footwear Technology, Material Technology( Leather)or Leather goods Design and Development from a recognized institute;
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Animal Science with a basic two year certificate or Diploma or at least one year post graduate training in Hides and Skins or Leather Technology; and
- Have a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website and fill the application form and submit online.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org are allowed.
All applications should reach this office on or before 13th August, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.