Pharmacy Technologist Job, Pharmaceutical Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Pharmacy Technologist
Location: We are a growing company with frequent openings at all our branches, preference will be given to candidates who are flexible about work location and hours.
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Package: Base salary + benefits such as full medical cover
We are searching for smart, caring and responsible Pharm Techs who want to become amazing all-around, evidence-based Pharm Techs. This is a key clinical position that will provide a critical impact on our ability to provide comprehensive healthcare to our patients.
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting clinician’s prescriptions
- Dispense medications, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals as per the prescription
- Control medications by monitoring drug therapies, advising on interactions and advising clinicians on alternatives
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory levels, anticipate needed medications and supplies, place orders and manage short expiry drugs
- Receive, verify, bill, fill and dispense drugs/medical supplies as ordered or prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Enforce loss prevention policies at the pharmacy
- Enforce the Dangerous Drugs Act regulations in the Pharmacy
- Be an integral member of the whole medical centre team in providing an amazing patient experience. Handle patients with empathy and understanding
- Be a great teammate and go above beyond by actually making sure your teammates love their work. Work well with other colleagues and go above and beyond what is expected from you.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology required
- Must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in health or community-related work
- Outstanding patient interaction skills are a must
- Great team player with drive for results and enjoys being part of a team
How to apply
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, candidates who apply earlier will be given priority.