Renal Nursing Officer Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
- Receive, register, record and document patients’ information and present the same the Medical Officers at the hospital.
- Transfers referred patients from the Renal unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide general nursing services and care to patients in the Renal unit.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at the Renal unit of the hospital.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients in the Renal unit.
- Administer medication to patients in the Renal unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists.
- Administer patient care and nursing to outpatients in the Renal unit.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the Renal unit, document the same for clear patient records and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple or complex medical conditions.
- Ensure that the nursing areas of the hospital are clean and tidy in compliance with sanitation standards of the hospital.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned in the area of health care.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Specialized Nursing (Renal) from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practice License.
- At least one year working experience as a Renal Nursing Officer in a reputable health facility.
Soft skills required for the job
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum, Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday, 1st September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the official emails/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER