Analyst, inSupply Health Ltd
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline
Position Type: Full-time
Company/Division: inSupply Health Ltd
Hiring Manager: Kenya Practice Lead (KPL)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Commensurate with experience
inSupply Health Ltd. is an independent, regional advisory firm based in Nairobi that is pioneering new approaches to improve public health supply chains in East Africa. Drawing on the experience of our John Snow Inc. (JSI) affiliation, our dynamic team of local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, customized and resilient supply chain systems. inSupply Health Ltd. deploys systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines and contraceptives in complex settings. We take proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapt them to local conditions.
We involve our clients closely in shaping their supply chains so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems over the long term. inSupply Health Ltd. specialize in: developing supply chain maturity strategies, building organizational capacity for supply chains, designing and implementing data-driven, optimized supply chain systems and quantifying health commodity needs. inSupply Health Ltd. does not just help our clients select the right technology for better supply chain management. We also invest in people and processes, helping to build a culture of data use and continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for:
The inSupply Health Ltd. team is searching for an Analyst based in Nairobi with willingness to travel in the region. The candidate will play a technical and analytical role in the project’s activities, implement projects, help to generate new business for the organization, and provide management and administrative support as required.
S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health Ltd. Kenya Practice Lead and be mentored by inSupply Health Ltd. Advisors. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team oriented with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships, and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems. S/he has a passion and desire to learn and build deeper skills in supply chain management, monitoring, learning and evaluation (MLE), an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions (Human Centered Design – HCD).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a pivotal role in the intersection between implementation and learning, by participating in both sets of activities to facilitate adaptive learning and rapid uptake of evolutionary or revolutionary innovations and activities
- Work under the direction and guidance of one or more Activity Managers, communicating proactively and effectively, and coordinate varied tasks to execute duties and deliverables on time and with quality outputs
- Collaborate with inSupply Health Ltd. and JSI team members, key partners and county stakeholders to develop and implement project work plans
- Provide technical and operational support in the implementation of supply chain improvement strategies, management approaches and interventions at all implementation levels and for all clients and partners, traveling as and when needed
- Support in data collection, regular data review and analysis of project and program monitoring indicators and adaptive learning sessions. Demonstrate a data and result curious mindset to continuously develop new or improve existing analytics to enhance data use and management for the inSupply Health Ltd. team and our clients and partners
- Provide administrative support to the technical teams for workshops, trainings and meetings
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the team. Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on progress of project activities and provide detailed notes of all key stakeholder meetings. Communicate and disseminate information and reports to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis
- Commit to a continuous learning model, building breadth and depth in technical skills relevant to inSupply Health business lines and service offerings
- Apply creative approaches to partner and client engagement and support to help establish a customer/client-oriented reputation and brand, using a combination of travel an non-traditional, innovative communication methods to provide support and guidance
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health Ltd., including participation in working groups and provide key linkage with partners on the ground to ensure support and sustainability. Give and attend debriefings and seminars as a project representative, participate in conferences, report on key information to other project staff members
- Provide support to new business development efforts and proposals through:
- Gathering, interpreting and synthesizing relevant data
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and developing solutions
- Generating reports for internal and external partners
- Exploring and adapting visuals and analytics to support all projects
- Support documentation of processes, success stories, experiences and sharing of lessons learned within the project and ensure their dissemination
- Support Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE), with a developmental evaluation approach to test and develop innovative supply chain solutions
- Demonstrate commitment to the inSupply Health Ltd. brand and progressively master skills and characteristics
- Other duties as assigned
Given that the Analyst position is a stepping-stone to the Advisor role, inSupply Health Ltd. is seeking a Kenyan candidate who is interested in growing with the organization, and is open to, and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth.
The Analyst will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using a variety of performance improvement techniques and a competency framework.
Given that inSupply Health Ltd. is a young, start-up organization, our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, is passionate, energetic, and curious, and a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team oriented and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenyan national with fluency in English and Swahili required; French desirable
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy, pharmacy technology, or a supply chain or health related field required
- At least five years work experience, with a minimum of two years working in health system strengthening
- Knowledge and experience working with health supply chains and/or monitoring, learning and evaluation highly desirable
- Prior experience working with Ministries of Health and/or County Health Management Teams highly desirable
- Experience in working with mobile health (mHealth) tools and with data analysis and visualization is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate varied tasks, work independently and manage work plan
- Ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, Google suite, and other softwares and technology tools
- Ability to travel 40% to 50% time within the county and in Kenya, with occasional regional travel
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.
- Familiarity and skills with using Excel for analysis, statistical software and/or data visualization software
- Experience in any of the following program areas: community health, family planning, maternal and child health, and immunization
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org