Locum Dental Assistant Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya September 2020,
Position:Locum Dental Assistant – Strathmore University Medical Centre
Reporting To: Nurse in Charge
The primary responsibility of the Dental Assistant will be assisting the dental surgeons in carrying out their duties, assist with reception of patients, and carry out any clerical duties as required.
- Support dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials;
- Confirming that instruments and materials are in compliance with the dental practice standards;
- Monitor dental supplies stock and anticipate needed supplies as well as placing and expediting orders from supplies;
- Oversee maintenance requirements dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Maintain accurate patient records by maintaining up to date data on the number of patients seen, procedures performed, as well as the number dental materials and equipment available;
- Provide information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests and attending to patients’ correspondences;
- Provide clinical assistance to the dental surgeon while treating the patient by acting as a chaperone of the dental surgeon at all times;
- Educate patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Certificate in Dental Assisting
- 2 – 3 years working experience
- Team player with strong relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Effective communication skills, with both work colleagues and the general public
- Pro-active approach and quick-learner
- Diligent with good written skills
- An interest in the welfare of patients, with a mature, friendly, confident and caring manner
- Ability to relate well with a wide range of people, including those with special needs
Work Environment: This role is based at the Strathmore University Medical Centre.
How to apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Dental Assistant” on the subject line to email@example.com by 17th September 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.