EHSS Manager Job, Latest Health & Safety Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Environmental, Health And Safety, Social (EHSS) Manager
Note: This is a part time opportunity.
Our client, a fast-growing e-commerce Company, is looking for a dynamic, innovative, result-orientated and self-driven individual to fill in the following position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, theEHSS Manager will be responsible for examining corporate and operational activities to establish where improvements can be made in order to achieve compliance with national and international environmental, social & health and safety standards across the organisation. The position will be based in Nairobi.
- Developing, updating and implementing the company’s Corporate and Operational E&S Management System including Environmental and Social Policies as well as Management Plans
- Working with the Company’s senior management team and Country Level Managers to provide overall co-ordination of the company’s EHSS policies and activities
- Communicating with the company’s management, operations teams, third-party consultants and all stakeholders including company shareholders, governmental agencies and local communities on all the organizations EHSS matters
- Developing company’s stakeholder engagement strategy and plans and overseeing their implementation
- Building and ensuring company compliance to international good practice standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability (the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainabilityand Occupational Health and Safety)
- Carrying out regular E&S audits and providing a regular audit report to the Management and shareholders on a monthly and annual basis as required
- Developing and managing company’s corporate social responsibility strategy and plans and overseeing their implementation
- Managing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reporting and promotion process, working with other departments to collect social and environmental baseline data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety and Health, Environmental Management or any relevant field
- A minimum of10 years’ experience in Environmental Management and Health & Safety (out of which 5 years should be in an international environment)
- Good understanding of international good practice Environment & Safety standards
- Experience in working with international investors
- Relevant sectoral and regional experience will be an added advantage (e.g. Commercial and/or health sector in East Africa)
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO45001 Management System Standards
- Must be conversant with the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability as well Occupational Health and Safety Standards. Must have proven experience in their implementation (either directly or at project level)
- Experience of working with disbursed business units to build Environment & Safety systems and controls
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ‘ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY, SOCIAL (EHSS) MANAGER’ byTuesday, 15thSeptember 2020clearlyindicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.