Summary Scope of Work:
The Human Resources & Administration Officer will coordinate and support the execution of the ACHAP HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs ensuring Health and Healing to All. This entails management and provision of the day-to-day HR services including; recruitment, HR administration, salary and benefits, staff development, performance management, employee relations and implementing and managing HR procedures as per the HR policies and the labour law. The officer will also be responsible for providing administrative/office management support to the ACHAP Nairobi office and extending to other offices as required.
Human Resources Management
· Provide support to the Finance & Administration Manager in implementation of HR and Administrative strategy, policies and procedure.
· Maintaining up-to-date employee records (electronic and hard copy) and ensure the staff files are complete and all maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
· Providing answers to staff queries on various HR policies, good practices for effective and motivated staff.
· Responsible for maintenance, approval and tracking of staff leave records.
· Support in the recruitment process including review of job descriptions, advertisements, screening of applications, interview and selection process, reference checks and contracting on assigned positions.
· Tracking payroll changes details (salary and allowances) every month and liaise with the Finance Office.
· Assist the administration and management of the Staff Pension Scheme including; new members registration and refunds and records.
· Responsible for the coordination of welfare initiatives e.g. staff retreats, team building and meetings, wellness activities, health and safety initiatives.
· Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities and service delivery in sub offices to ensure they meet latest ACHAP, donor and legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
· Provide analytical reports on HR related data, metrics and trends to support in decision-making, workforce planning and development.
· Coordinate the performance management processes including performance mid-year end of year and performance improvement plans (PIP).
· Fostering a healthy employee relations environment providing staff avenue for escalating grievances and manage the progressive disciplinary process
· Advice on the emerging HR issues.
· Oversight over the office administration and logistics including front office, cleaning and related services.
· Ensure that the office is secure and there is adequate access control during and after office hours.
· Ensuring that new staff are oriented on security policy and are issued with necessary access cards/keys.
· Overseeing petty cash usage: authorizing usage, reviewing expenditures & reconciliations and doing petty cash counts.
· Ensuring coordinated booking & utilization of meeting rooms and visual-audio resources.
· Implementing the Safety & Security policy in Nairobi Office.
· Maintaining and replenishing the first aid kit as necessary.
· Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
· Supervises maintenance of office vehicles, ensures timely servicing and monitors documentation related to these vehicles i.e. insurance, etc.
· Any other related duties as may be assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of Human Resources Management.
· CHRP Certification and member of IHRM (K).
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience preferably in an International or local NGO.
· Proficiency in MS Office and use of Human Resources Information Systems.
· Supervisory experience would be a plus.
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate with people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities.
· High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email. Closing date: 30th September 2020