Medical Laboratory Technologists Job, Latest Medical Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Medical Laboratory Technologists, (10 Posts)
Terms of service: 6-month contract
Reporting arrangements: Medical Personnel recruited for Isolation Centres in Nairobi will report to the Director, Medical Services of the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, for deployment to the respective isolation centres where the Health Officer in-charge will assign all activities under the contract.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and especially in Nairobi, the Nairobi Metropolitan Service (NMS) will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring facility based isolation and care. The NMS wishes to Operationalize Seven (7) isolation sites (Pumwani school of nursing, KMTC- Ngong Road, Moi Girls School Nbi, Kenya High school, Upper Hill high School, Nairobi School and Kenya Science Teacher’s College). The centres will be used to provide care and case management of COVID-19 patients who test positive for COVID-19, with mild on no symptoms but will require isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruit additional health care workers to man these isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi.
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C (plain) or its equivalent qualification with at least C in Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Physical Science,
- English or Kiswahili and C in Mathematics or Physics
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from Kenya Medical Training College or any other institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board; and
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
Under supervision of the Nairobi County Laboratory Manager or In-Charge, the laboratory officer will be responsible for:
- Offering general diagnostic or other laboratory services as required in the respective isolation facilities
- Responsible for COVID-19 sample collection, packaging and shipment to the testing laboratories;
- Any other duty as may be assigned by a competent
How to apply
Applications should include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com on or before 11th September, 2020.