Nutrition And Dietetic Technologist Job, Nutrition Jobs In Kenya September 2020,
Position: Nutrition And Dietetic Technologist – (10 POSTS)
Terms of service: 6-month contract
Reporting arrangements: Medical Personnel recruited for Isolation Centres in Nairobi will report to the Director, Medical Services of the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, for deployment to the respective isolation centres where the Health Officer in-charge will assign all activities under the contract.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and especially in Nairobi, the Nairobi Metropolitan Service (NMS) will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring facility based isolation and care. The NMS wishes to Operationalize Seven (7) isolation sites (Pumwani school of nursing, KMTC- Ngong Road, Moi Girls School Nbi, Kenya High school, Upper Hill high School, Nairobi School and Kenya Science Teacher’s College). The centres will be used to provide care and case management of COVID-19 patients who test positive for COVID-19, with mild on no symptoms but will require isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruit additional health care workers to man these isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi.
- Be in possession of at least the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science Subjects; and
- Diploma in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized
- Registration by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND)
- Implementing nutrition programmers
- Providing nutrition services in isolation facilities
- Conducting nutrition assessments
- Collecting and compiling nutrition data
- Providing nutrition health education and demonstrations;
- Counselling of patients with specific nutritional needs;
- Monitoring preparation of therapeutic feeds;
- Implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding programs;
- Promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programs; and
- Providing micronutrient
How to apply
Applications should include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com on or before 11th September, 2020.